Silicone is basically made up of silicon, a natural element present in sand, quartz and rock, which, after oxygen, is the most abundant element on earth. Silicon is transformed into silicone when combined with oxygen, carbon and hydrogen. Because it is an inert material, it does not react with food or beverages, or produce any hazardous fumes. It’s non-toxic, hypo allergenic, does not promote bacteria or fungus growth, and it does not transmit taste to food.
Due to recent concerns regarding BPA, many parents are switching to BPA Free children’s products. Silicone offers just that solution. Silicone does not contain toxic chemicals like bisphenol-A, lead, PVC and phthalates.
Silicone is very durable so you won’t have to worry about disposal for a long time. No need to dispose and create waste regularly, and silicone is recyclable - although probably not through your city-wide recycling program. There are many specialty recycling facilities that recycle silicone. Send your Silikids products back to us and we’ll recycle it for you!
Dishwasher safe & can be boiled to sterilize