Melissa & Doug: Baking Play Set
What will children pretend to bake up with this 20-piece set? Anything they can think of! Promote creative play and imaginative thinking with these food-grade baking tools made of premium materials like stainless steel and solid wood, sized just right for little hands and play kitchens. Featuring an oven mitt, measuring cups, mixing bowl, and so much more, this is truly the ultimate play kitchen accessory set!
- Cook up a deliciously good time with this ultimate play food baking set -- 20 food-grade, dishwasher-safe baking tools
- Made from heavy-gauge stainless steel, solid wood utensils, and BPA-free plastic
- Includes oven mitt, measuring spoons and cups, whisk, spatula, mixing bowl, muffin tin, and more
- Features a recipe for fun dough to mix up and play with
- The ultimate play kitchen accessory collection
- 3+ years
- Product: 12" x 16" x 3.25" Packaged 2.4 lbs
- Package: 16.2" H x 12.2" W x 3.2" L
Discover Countless Ways To Play
WHAT AM I? Help kids identify the pieces in the baking set. Talk about how each is used and the different kinds of food that can be made with each.
SORT IT: Have kids sort the items into groups based on how each is used: mixing, measuring, baking, etc. Ask them to think of different ways they can sort the items, such as by color or whether they are made of stainless steel, plastic, wood, or cloth.
BAKING BAND: Have kids choose two of the pieces in the set and then use them to make music! Have them sing or hum along as their one-man marching band parades around the room!
FRACTIONS: Use the measuring spoons and cups to talk about fractions: How many ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) go into ½ tsp (2.5 mL)? Let kids use the cups and spoons to measure different amounts of water, rice, or flour into the mixing bowl!
COOKIE CUTTING: Help kids trace the cookie cutters onto construction paper, then decorate and cut out the tasty "cookies"!
BAKE SHOP: Encourage kids to imagine opening their own bakery. What is its name and what will they serve? Have them make menus and signs and make up recipes for the treats they serve.